Big changes are coming to the Belgian special tax status for executives and employees working in Belgium. Under this special tax regime, (the employers of) expats who meet certain conditions, were able to benefit from a reduction of Belgian income tax and social security contributions.
However, as of 2022, a new tax system enters into force – with the ambition to provide more legal certainty. This new regime comes with some new benefits, but also with some limitations and it will have a significant impact for all companies using this special tax regime as an incentive to attract or retain top talent in Belgium. It can also create opportunities for Belgian companies that are not part of an international group and for non-profit organizations.
In this podcast you’ll learn everything you need to know about this update. Because our guest is an expert on this matter: Piet Verswijver, Partner, Global Employer Services at Deloitte.
- How will this new tax status for expats affect your organization?
- What’s the impact on the various business domains such as reward, finance and employment law?
- How do you prepare your organization and your employees that fall under this regime?
- How do you tackle the communications towards your expat employees?
- And how you can make use of the existing measures in a high-demanding war for talent?
Let’s find out!